Saturday, October 05, 2013

Sock dolls in The Netherlands

During July I conducted two workshops at Atelier Fiberfusing in Nes Aan De Amstel in The Netherlands,
While organizing my photos, I found some photos I haven't gotten to post here yet.
The first two days of the workshop were dedicated to doll-making. It was interesting to observe the way each participant translated my technique in their unique way, and how each doll strongly manifested its creator. 
Here are some of the dolls and their creation process:
  
 This blue-haired girl was created by Dorie Van Dijk, who has organized and hosted the workshops at her beautiful atelier, located just two minutes' walking distance from the Amstel River, among the flower greenhouses.
 This one made by  Corrie Koenen who, like Dorie, is a felt artist. She combined many felt scraps with the old socks, and this combination gives her lady a very lively and expressive look, which I quite admire.
And last but not least, the cyclist, which was created by Coco Bouwmeester.
On the third day, I conducted a portrait embroidery workshop. I will post some photos of its fascinating process as well as the results in my next post.

No comments: